- BitPesa rebrands to AZA.
- BitPesa raises $15 million from DBSA.
- AZA Finance now becomes a currency trading solutions provider.
Kenyan based digital exchange and payment platform, BitPesa, has rebranded to AZA after raising $15 million from the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA).
We have just rebranded our motherbrand from BitPesa to AZA, and now BitPesa is a product nestled into the group,Stephany Zoo, BitPesa’s head of marketing, branding, and communications.
BitPesa was founded in 2013 by American Elizabeth Rossiello and later joined by co-founder and fellow American Charlene Chen. BitPesa was built as a remittance solution to provide efficient and affordable services and quickly expanded from Kenya to Nigeria and Uganda in 2015 after raising $1.1M in seed funding.
AZA Finance becomes the parent company of BitPesa. AZA is now the currency trading solutions provider with BitPesa as its first flagship product offering wholesale cryptocurrency liquidity for individuals and institutions across Africa.
AZA Finance will now be operating three different brands under its umbrella, including:
- BitPesa – A provider of cryptocurrency liquidity, exchange, and other services across Africa.
- Transfer Zero – An API infrastructure service providing digital remittance solutions.
- BFX – A B2B payment solutions provider for businesses in Africa and abroad.
AZA describes its current portfolio of products as one that is needed to solve a continent-wide range of financial issues.
We’re solving a continent-wide challenge of a lack of financial infrastructure available for growing businesses — and we are doing it using a unique combination of financial and technological tools with a modern operational approach.Elizabeth Rossiello